Officiating a vow renewal doesn’t entail the same plan like that of a wedding ceremony. Hence, a wedding officiant OKC must employ the proper techniques & methods to ensure everything turns out flawless.
Every wedding officiant Oklahoma City can officiate vow renewal. However, there are some wedding officiant Oklahoma that specializes majorly in this. These specialized sets of wedding officiants in OKC have some of the techniques & methods to make a vow renewal great.
Intended couples looking to make the most out of their vow renewal must select an experienced wedding minister Oklahoma as their officiant to get desirable results.
Experience really counts for wedding ministers OKC when performing vow renewal to ensure the satisfaction of the couples. We look into how they put this experience to use and their methods to achieve it in this article.
Wedding Ceremony vs Vow Renewal
When couples look to make their love feel new again beyond the touches and snug like cats, what they do is vow renewal.
As the name implies, a vow renewal is when couples renew the vows they made when they first married. It’s usually a way to celebrate their union and give it a new feel.
It is not a second wedding ceremony, as they can never be a second wedding ceremony except in divorce cases.
The wedding ceremony is the first union, and all other things like anniversaries or vow renewal are used to commemorate the union subsequently after years. Wedding ministers Oklahoma City are needed for both events’ success.
Reasons for Vow Renewal
Ideally, marriage commemoration is the reason behind every vow renewal, and a couple can decide to renew their vow. With a good planner, marriage officiant OKC, a suitable venue, little entertainment, and refreshments, they’re good to go.
Certain life events prompt couples to renew their vows and say I do again. These events may include:
- Anniversary — This is a common occurrence amongst couples that have stayed longer in their union. They usually choose to renew their vows to celebrate the 10, 20, 30, or more years together. Every marriage officiant Oklahoma can attest that it’s always a beautiful sight to behold.
- Family Acceptance after Eloping — It may occur that you shared your first vow with your significant other in solitude, without the presence of any family or friends. This may be due to whatever circumstances surrounding your union.
When the coast is clear and the turbulent water still, you may choose to exchange vows again, in the presence of everyone.
- You Both Overcome a Major Obstacle — In life, couples go through a series of challenges together. And when this occurs, most may decide to commemorate the success by renewing their vows, making everything seem afresh again. Some couples may decide to move to a new apartment in a different neighborhood after their vow renewal.
- You Both Survived a Near Divorce — Rough patches indeed exist in every relationship, and sometimes these rough patches always look to be heading towards irreconcilable differences.
However, the saying ‘love triumphs everything’ does come into play, and couples learn to accept their differences and make their union work.
Some couples may decide to renew their vows after going through this situation, terming it a ‘fresh start.’
Any of the above reasons can make couples seek the help of marriage officiant Oklahoma City to perform vow renewal.
The wedding officiant in Oklahoma contacted must have different techniques that suit different reasons for performing a vow renewal.
Below are some of the best techniques for success a wedding officiant in Oklahoma City employs for a successful vow renewal. They include:
- Conventional/Traditional Techniques — Wedding ministers in OKC may decide to use the standard wedding officiating format for the vow renewal. It will involve adding no new section to the event or trying to be creative spontaneously.
The conventional method is usually just for vow exchanges, refreshments of guests, and quality pictures and videos from Wedding photographers and wedding videographers OKC.
- Customized Method — In this method, the marriage officiant Oklahoma works in tandem with couples to create a vow renewal that’s unique to them alone.
The couple gets to include and remove what they want and streamline everything to soothe the plans and visions they have for their vow renewal.
The role of wedding ministers Oklahoma is limited here. They’re to ensure effective execution or whatever things the couples include.
Any of these two methods can make vow renewal a success provided the couple and marriage officiant follows the prescribed tips (Dos and don’ts).
Frequently Asked Questions About Vow Renewal Dos and Don’ts
A wedding officiant OKC must have detailed answers to these FAQs to ensure a successful vow renewal. For the sake of knowledge, we provide the questions and the answers below:
Table of Contents
Can I wear a wedding dress?
Most wedding officiant agencies Oklahoma like Dr Saramosing Lifelong Wedding Ceremonies, believe that a wedding dress isn’t necessary. This doesn’t mean you can’t wear a white dress or an elegant gown, but you don’t need to buy an expensive dress you’ll only wear once.
Can I have a Bridal Party?
Vow renewal does not need a bridal shower or bachelorette party. It doesn’t need to have all your friends in the same attire. But, you can have your maid of honour or best man stand with you during the vow.
Can we use a different vow from the first one?
It’s permissible to change your wedding vows during vow renewal. You can choose to make it more elaborate, shorter, or add and remove whatever you want from it.
It’s essential to work closely with your wedding officiant Oklahoma City to ensure the vow comes out the way you want. Also, you can always take cues from online templates.
Can I have a Reception?
Yes! Having a reception is fun, especially if your planner is good at adding fun details like couple games, slideshows of your loved-up pictures, a cocktail party with close friends only, or dinner at home with both families.
A vow renewal isn’t as complex as wedding ceremonies. Thus, its planning, organizing, and officiating shouldn’t be stressful. Keeping it simple and unique is the ultimate technique any wedding officiant in Oklahoma City needs to make it a success.